Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Challenge

I recently agreed to join my friend Becky in a challenge for the new year. 

To memorize 2 verses a month for the whole year.

I told my daughters and husband about this great idea (thinking, hoping they might want to join me). I finished by telling them "Just think, by the end of the year I'll have memorized 12 verses!" 

OK I'm not really that slow, well maybe in math, it was just another blond moment but it had them cracking up :)

Anyway, I just thought that today I would share the two verses I have chosen for January. These are from the Living translation and to me they are beautiful. My heart grows with love each time I read them. 
And yes, I am still reading them off the note cards, it is after all only the 5th of the month and I don't have them memorized yet.

#1 Eph 3:16
That out of His glorious, unlimited resources He will give me the mighty inner strengthening of His Holy Spirit.
#2 Eph 3:17
And I pray Christ will be more and more at home in my heart, living with me as I trust in Him. May my roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love.

I actually like this whole section of scripture and am going to use the next two verses for Feb. (hope this is not cheating cause I am a definite rule follower!)

Pretty (Beautiful) is . . . God's Word

No comments:

Post a Comment