Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Not So Pretty

I love Pioneer Woman! I love her blog, the way she writes, the things she makes, her photography, I love everything about her! If you haven't checked her out, do it today! I mean it! Or you'll be sorry. 
Today she gave some great advice to bloggers. One of them was to write often. I have failed miserably :( She said to write as if you are talking to your sister or girlfriend. Also not to get stuck in thinking you can only write about one thing. So today I am going to write, and I just have to let you know that it may not be PRETTY! haha!

Today I have a sore throat! This sore throat started as the kind that feels so tight that you're amazed when even water will go down and today has turned into the kind that feels as if surely there are razor blades in your water and those are also trying to go down your impossibly tiny sore throat!  Not only do I have a sore throat but a terrible canker sore right on the inside of my bottom lip! Also the sides of my mouth are soooo dry that they feel like they are going to crack wide open if I even chew gum. The up side to this is that I have lost three pounds because I am afraid my mouth will crack wide open if I chew anything! :) Losing three pounds has been very encouraging seeing that I have gained ten pounds since I turned 40 in Feb. And those ten pounds it seems would like to stay with me for the rest of my life!

In the last month my younger daughter got a bite (maybe spider, maybe not) on her leg which got infected and turned into MRSA. In case you don't know what that is, let me tell you it is a very serious disease (which is what her college coach informed everyone of in the first volleyball game program this season!). Now actually I don't even know if it is classified as a disease, however it is a serious infection that could stay with you for the rest of your life :( She is being treated and we are seeing a lawyer for the first time ever. We are not "lawyer" people. We have never had or needed a lawyer in our lives! The whole experience has been completely exhausting!

Here is the "bite" before being lanced.
 This is it after being lanced and packed with gauze.

Now isn't that PRETTY!

There are so many other things that are not "pretty" right now, but I must stop! I must remember that God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good! He loves me :) and even though I (we all) deserve to go to hell, we get to go to heaven! Things are lookin' up!

Pretty is The Pioneer Woman!



No comments:

Post a Comment