Monday, October 4, 2010

"Mom Says" Monday

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!" 

I can't even count the number of times I was told this growing up. It could have been anything from talking about my sister or brother, my teacher or even if my mom was overhearing a conversation between my friends and I on the phone. She was always reminding me that I should look for the good in every person and every situation.

Mom's are so full of wisdom! If only we knew when we were teenagers how smart our mom's were.. If only my girls knew that just how smart I really am!

This particular "mom-ism" is one that I still need to be reminded of once in a while. It is a quick stopper to any gossip. It is also a reminder to always look on the good side of people, the sunny side of every circumstance.

Pretty is, "having something nice to say".


No comments:

Post a Comment