Thursday, July 9, 2009

What's for Dinner?

A phrase you hear each day when you pick your kids up from school, when they get home from practice or even when they get home from work (that's right, even college kids ask this question! Who knew?) is one that makes most moms cringe or at least let out a sigh of exasperation.
This month I am working temporarily at another job and have to work later than usual, so it has been extremely hard to get dinner on the table (if I'm making dinner at all) in time for my youngest daughter to get to volleyball practice. So imagine my delight to hear my husband say "Don't worry hon, I'll go to the store and make dinner tonight!" Now first of all I wasn't sure what I would come home to find seeing that my husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy and usually when he makes dinner those are the ONLY two items we would be having. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I was to come home to a beautifully set table, completely prepared dinner (including two vegetables and no potatoes!) and my whole family sitting at the table just waiting for me!
Pretty is . . . serving others

2 comments:

  1. I'm a follower! And where's the pic of your fantastic dinner?? Way to go Andy! Your blog looks great, Rene!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok Renee, I became a follower and I keep checking back to read your next installment in what pretty is... I'm looking forward to it!!! Maybe you're having too much fun this summer? I'm just teasin' ya - I sometimes go for-ever w/o posting so I'm not one to talk. Hope you're doing well!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete